I was born in 1950, in Nikaia, Piraeus. Growing up, I realized that I’m inclined towards art. Having a true passion about it, began my journey into the Sacred art of Byzantine Iconography by taking my first art lessons in 1963, in the workshop of painter and iconographer Stamatis Papastamatiou. Continuously evolving, I became a professional iconographer.
In 1980, along with other respective fellow iconographers, we founded the Panhellenic Iconographers Association, having an active role in it’s creation and establishment, fighting for the rights of professional iconographers in Greece. For my contribution and dedication to the Association, I was honored to be elected by my colleagues in various positions.
- 1980 – 1987 : Member of the Association’s Directive Board
- 1988 – 2000 : General Secretary of the Board
- 2000 – 2004 : President of the Association
- 2004 – 2008 : General Secretary of the Board
- 2008 – 2012 : Vice President of the Association
- 2012 – 2013 : President of the Association
Since then, I continue to be an active member of the Association, while been elected in the Association’s Directive Board as a member since 2016.